As an IT leader responsible for delivering projects and services that drive your business forward, efficient resource management is a key component for sucess. In order to adequately manage your limited team time, you need easy-to-use systems that allow you find and assign appropriate resources to complete project tasks and accurately forecast future capacity.
Key Resource Management Challenges:
- Unrealistic capacity expectations negatively impact project delivery
- Lack of visibility into resource load leads to over-allocation and inefficient execution
- Decentralized resource requests create schedule conflicts
- Team members are assigned to complete tasks without the needed skills or availability
Here’s how Cloud Coach can help with resource management:
- Capacity Planning:
- Visualize your capacity by skills across your organization, identifying areas of risk for over- and under-utilized resources.
- Forecast future availability for project and operational requests and provide accurate project delivery timelines based on resource availability.
- Make resource management processes more consistent, effective, and automated – freeing up resource and project manager time for more strategic work.
- Resource Load:
- Visualize how busy your resources are, including project work, ITSM work, and out of office considerations.
- Drill into the details of how your resources are being used to identify opportunities for increased department efficiency.
- Ensure that your resources are appropriately allocated to maximize time investments to support strategic business objectives.
- Resource Requests:
- Get a comprehensive view of resource utilization and future capacity with a centralized repository for resource requests – including non-project work and time off requests.
- Evaluate the impact of a resource request on long term business objectives before approving the request.
- Reserve resource allocations for important projects to ensure you have the capacity you need.
- Skills-Based Resourcing:
- Assign skills and locations to team members in order to find the right person to complete project work.
- Report on resource availability by skill to ensure you have the right capacity to complete projects.
- Identify which skills are most in demand for future project prioritization and hiring decisions.