Effectively managing your IT team includes setting benchmark performance indicators, and measuring performance. This goes beyond managing hard costs and service level agreements, but also tracking how your team is spending their time effort. In order to get accurate data, you have to implement easy-to-use systems that work with your team, not against them.
Using separate systems for timecards, ITSM work and project work tracking reduces your visibility – and can lead to underbilling. Plus, it’s difficult to accurately forecast time and effort needed for future work without the insights of what has been done in the past.
Key Challenges to Project Time Tracking
- Untracked time reduces visibility into department performance and efficiency
- Labor costs are not factored into project expenses
- Time is lost in meetings without tracked actions or referenced agendas
- Project timeline estimates lack historic data to improve accuracy
Here’s how Cloud Coach can help with Time Tracking:
- Untracked time:
- Integrated time entry system can be deployed against your project and integrated ITSM work, giving your team the ability to easily track all of their work effort.
- Timecard genius prompts team members to enter time on records that have been edited but that time has not been recorded against, ensuring you’ve got the most accurate data possible.
- My assignments page helps team members see and prioritize all of their work, including ITSM needs and project tasks.
- Labor costs:
- Apply rates to tracked time based on skills and work types in order to calculate the labor cost of project work.
- Accurately rebill internal departments for project labor costs.
- Pull actionable project time and cost information together quickly, without having to hunt it down or piece it together.
- Meeting tracking:
- Automatically create the right meetings throughout the project cycle with pre-filled meeting agendas.
- Track meeting minutes and action items to measure meeting efficiency.
- Report on meeting cost based on meeting length and attendees.
- Project timeline estimates:
- Use tracked time to improve project template accuracy.
- Update project delivery dates based on time entered on project tasks.
- Report on projected versus actual time spent on project tasks.